Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Week 8
September 30, 2008
Mom

I thought I would like that little countdown on the side and the bottom of this webpage that I found online. It's very cute. You can choose from all sorts of designs. The problem is, now I'm constantly reminded of just how far away May 15 is. Eight weeks pregnant seems OK and not so bad in the course of 40 weeks, but then I look and it says "Only 227 days to go" well, that just seems like an eternity.

Taking a break from real life and thinking about May as a TV fan who is loving the new Fall TV schedule, I realize there are a lot of things that will "happen" between now and when this baby comes:
Obviously there will be much more important issues solved: this for one but even closer to home, A. will almost be done with Kindergarten and C. will nearly be a 4th grader. I'll be the same age, but there are a ton of birthdays, holidays and other "ordinary" days filled with potential between now and then. I wonder what will happen?

I keep telling myself that for now, I'm just "enjoying" being pregnant (Ha! Come on second trimester!), not worrying about the details and that I'll really turn my attention to things once T. is finished with the football season. The Super Bowl is on February 1, 2009. At that point I'll be at about 100 days to go. I wonder how I'll be feeling about my little countdown then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting is the hard part for us fans of the blog, too. You need to post on a more regular basis. I'd like to see a half dozen or more updates throughout the day.

Anonymous said...

tap tap tap
Those are my fingers drumming.
Still waiting!