Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Do You Want to Know a Secret?

Week 4
September 6, 2008
Mom

Keeping this a secret is very hard! I went to get some blood work done yesterday and A. came with me. The very enthusiastic lab technician looked at my paperwork exclaimed, "You're having a baby!" Luckily A. didn't hear her. Then I dropped my prenatal vitamin prescription off at CVS, and wouldn't you know, I knew the person behind the counter.

It's strange not telling people. I still want to blurt it out, or, even worse I forget that no one knows but me and T., (and our neighbor, D. but only because she walked by at the exact right time on Thursday before I was going to the doctor, plus, she's been there before!) and I want to say something about it -- I'm tired, can you believe I wanted pickles, I've been feeling so sick, etc. So for those of you who are reading this long after the fact, trust me, we wanted to tell you, we just weren't ready yet!

The emotions I was feeling before I told T. was unbelievable. I was happy of course and knew he would be too, but this wasn't ordinary news. Dozens of lives would be affected by this and I was the only one who knew. Very strange. I wish I hadn't been in such a fog so I could have appreciated the magnitude of it.

No comments: