Week 6
September 23, 2008
Mom
Today I've been craving thick slices of tomato. Not unusual for me, tomatoes are probably one of my favorite foods. What is a little odd is that I feel the urge to cover it with black pepper. This has been going on since this morning but I refuse to give in to it.
I know they say that while pregnant, women will sometimes want foods they don't like. In this case, black pepper. (Not so much that I don't like it, but I cannot imagine how this would taste good. In fact, in my craving I think I realize that it will be unappealing.) The problem is, anything else I eat makes me sick. Grrr.
The other thing I wanted today was fried rice. It kind of came on me all at once. Poor A. We were at the dry cleaners and CVS and I walked past the Chinese take-out place and I said, "Hey, Mommy wants fried rice. Let's get some!" We still had a bunch of errands to run but I had to have it right then and there -- so much so that I asked for a fork. I think she thought I lost my mind.
That's the thing about pregnant cravings. They are so strong and so unwieldy I find I don't have much choice in the matter. It's not "Boy, I think I'd like a brownie later." but "Must. Have. Brownie. Now." That's why I'm having issues with the tomato and the pepper. I don't know maybe I'll give in, I'm just afraid of it. I can't imagine what my body would do with the black pepper (or the fried rice for that matter). I've read when you crave something when you are pregnant it's your body's way of telling you that you need certain things. I don't know, I'm stumped.
When we got home I realized I had forgotten to bring in the mail yesterday. We went to the mailbox and it was overloaded. I couldn't figure out why and then it hit me. Duh. Then T. came home and I took a nap. I feel tons better now (except for the tomatoes with black pepper).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment