Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Whatever You Do, Don't Give Me the Nuclear Codes

Week 7
September 24, 2008
Mom

I can't remember anything anymore. It's getting a bit ridiculous. This morning it was C.'s class picture order form. I felt terrible. He called me himself from the office. Poor thing. At least I remembered to dress him appropriately!

According to What To Expect While You are Expecting, not only is this "pregnancy brain" common, but it's going to get worse. (So, fair warning to those of you who have birthdays from now until May.) You can click on the link, but I'll share my favorite line:

"As usual in pregnancy, it's just your hormones having some fun, this time at the expense of your memory."

Great.

Anyway, we are in a new week so I'll share some fun facts. The baby is about the size of a blueberry -- a full 10,000 times what it was when we first started this journey. It's brain is developing at 100 brain cells per minute (so that's where they are all going!). Arms and legs are beginning to grow longer and stronger and starting to divide into hands, arms and shoulders as well as legs, knees and feet. The mouth and tongue are starting to form as are it's permanent kidneys. (Even though the baby has only been around about 4-5 weeks, it has already gone through three sets!)

No TMI for today. The scale has been giving me wonky numbers -- I know I don't weigh 71 pounds like it keeps telling me I do.

No comments: