Week 6
September 22, 2008
Mom
I really wanted to post yesterday but I was so wiped from the party, I just didn't have it in me to write, much less form cohesive thoughts. Plus I had to work, I'm writing a story about Gingerbread University for a December magazine article so the kids and I went down there. What fun! They got to make their own Halloween haunted house. They had a blast.
C.'s party was great and he had a wonderful time. I had to laugh though -- one of the moms cornered me and was asking me about my diet and how much weight I've lost. It was very hard to keep a straight face. D. who is in on the big secret was having a time of it keeping her giggles to herself. Members of my family actually asked if I had lost more weight. Short answer: No.
I think I pulled it off, although like T. said, people might have suspected I wasn't feeling well, but not for the reason they thought. Once we do our big reveal however, we figure lots of folks will have an "Aha!" moment where they say, well now her odd behavior makes sense!
I think D. is getting impatient that I haven't told anyone else yet. She can't wait to chat about it. For a little while, after most had left the party, she cornered me and we were whispering about baby names like schoolgirls, casting furtive glances over our shoulders like we were up to no good.
So my level of looking disgusting hit a new low this morning when A., usually my biggest fan, took one look at me and said, "Are you wearing your pajamas?" I wasn't. Actually I had on blue capris and a red top and thought I looked OK. Guess not. Then she said, "What's that on your nose?" Oh, you mean the big pimple? Not too much I can do about that! Then she said, "Mommy, you look sleepy." Well, I agree with her there.
This morning I'm going for my first sonogram so I'm busy drinking water. Hopefully I'll have some photos to post and share for Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment