Week 8
October 2, 2008
Mom
I went to the doctor and everything is going well. She did change my due date to May 12 from May 15. According to the sonogram it should be May 10 (Mother's Day!) but she's going by my cycle for now. Honestly, it really doesn't matter that much. As the nurse said, "They come when they want to!" I don't think I'm going to get that far. (I hope I don't get that far.) The countdown on the side and the bottom won't change -- it's accurate because it went by my cycle.
Pregnancy brain strikes again -- when I filled out my paperwork last month I put A.'s birthday year as 2000, nine months ahead of C and three years before she was actually born. The nurse looked at it today and said, "How did you manage that?" Um, I didn't. My shrinking brain cells did. (I have a very funny story about how my brain failed me in a MAJOR way but I'll share that tomorrow.)
The baby is developing nicely this week. According to What to Expect, we no longer have a blueberry, but a raspberry. It's growing at about one millimeter each day but it gets harder and harder to measure because now things like arms and legs and even its back are what are going through the spurt.
The baby is starting to look like a human, although try telling that to C. and A. I was going through a book I had with them last night that had close-up pictures of embryos as they grew. The photo at about 3 weeks with all the cells was deemed to look like broccoli. And the 6-8 week photo? "It looks like an alien sucking it's thumb," my son tells me. A. didn't have too much to say although she kept looking at me, my belly and the photo with an expression of doubt on her face. In any case, the lips, nose and eyelids are beginning to form, and the fingers and toes that were up to this point webbed are starting to differentiate.
I go back in four weeks for a 12-week visit. That day I'll go for another sonogram too. My weight is OK. I gained five pounds from the last visit but she wasn't concerned. I've been so sick, she said I should just eat what I can keep down for now. Still fitting into most of my clothing, so that's a good thing.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Re-calibrate Your Calendars, the Due Date has Changed!
Labels:
a.,
C.,
due date,
interesting baby facts,
pregnancy brain,
too much info,
week 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm putting my money on April 26, which would be the second day of the NFL Draft.
Post a Comment