Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hello Week 6!

Week 6
September 17, 2008 
Mom

Not only do I not feel so terrific, but I look horrible. Unlike many pregnant women who have beautiful skin and luscious hair thanks to the prenatal vitamins, my face is an oily mess with tons of breakouts, my hair is limp and greasy and my whole face isn't so much glowing as it is just swollen and puffy. Lovely imagery eh? I'm so tired because I'm not sleeping well (although last night I took Benadryl because I was so stuffed up -- add my red, runny nose to my lovely appearance) so I have big bags under my eyes. Ergh. 

In the department of good news, I am developing a tiny belly. Nothing anyone could notice yet and my pants still fit just fine, but it's definitely there. My books say this is common, even this early, especially if the mom has been pregnant before. The baby is growing nicely too. Right now it's the size of a sweet pea (awww) with a crown-to-rump measurement of anywhere between a fifth and a quarter inch. (They measure the embryo this way because their legs are tucked underneath their bodies so they aren't able to get a full  body measurement yet.) The jaws, cheeks, chin and ears are starting to develop, as are the kidney, liver and lungs. 

On the scale this morning I'm at 152, so although I haven't really gained anything at least the weight loss stopped. On Monday I go for the first sonogram. I'm very excited about that. I may be able to see the heartbeat and I hope to bring home some photos!

Next week will be a big week for us. On Friday we'll tell the kids (!) and later that evening my family at the big Happy Birthday Grandma, Aunt P./Happy Anniversary M. & B. dinner. Should be fun! 

No comments: