Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday C.!

Week 6
September 19, 2008
Mom

What a wonderful day! I can't believe he is 8 years old!

A.,T. and I woke C. up by singing to him and then we all went downstairs for some breakfast and presents. I think he liked everything, especially the foam rocket launcher that he had to go out and play with right away. My favorite gift is the grow-your-own carnivorous plant set but I think he's a little scared of it. He wanted to know if the plants could eat people! : )

My pregnant brain forgot to buy the Grands cinnamon rolls that we usually have on such celebratory days, but luckily I had a different kind to fall back on -- they were not as good though. T. covered for me and said the regular kind take too long to bake and we'd have them tomorrow -- the day of C.'s party.

We also got A. a present (a super-adorable Little People Wedding set complete with a flower girl cat) so she wouldn't feel left out but I kept telling her it was because she is such a good big sister. I was going for good sister or big girl but it kept coming out wrong. I don't think the kids noticed but T. kept giving me death glares.

Lots to do today to get ready for tomorrow. The party should be lots of fun although I'm not looking forward to having to seeing my family. Not that I don't want to see them, I just hope I can keep up the ruse. D. said her friend was pregnant around this time a few years ago and held out until Thanksgiving to tell her family. I don't think I could do it. Not only would I be bursting to tell, but I think I would completely slip up.

One week until we get to share our big secret!

No comments: