Week 7
September 26, 2008
Mom
Well, it's here. The big day. The day we tell C. & A. they in about 7 months they are going to have a new brother or sister. I hope it goes well. I think it will. I know it will. Whatever their external reaction will be, I wish I knew what was going on their heads. I know they'll have a million questions (I hope they have a million questions).
We haven't really figured out how to tell them yet. We think the best way is to come right out in say it. We were toying with the idea of saying something cutesy -- "Isn't this nice, sitting here just the five of us?" -- but are afraid it might go over their heads.
I hope my expectations of their reactions aren't too high. Will I be disappointed if they just say, "That's nice, what's for dinner?" Will I be upset if they aren't bouncing off the ceiling with joy or even worse, if they are not happy? I hope not. I'm trying so hard not to have any expectations so I can just deal with whatever comes along and just react with patience and good humor.
We've decided we'll let them pass the news along as well, whatever way they see fit. Sure, it would be nice to script something for them, but we think the natural way is better and offers them less pressure. In fact, I'm curious to see how they word it and who they'd like to tell first. We have a big birthday/anniversary dinner tonight with Grandma and Grandpa, et al.
Keep your fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment