September 3, 2008
Mom
The olives should have tipped me off. And the cheese doodles. And probably the rice. It's a little hard to explain but being on a low-carb diet for the past eight months has truly made me not interested in any of these types of foods. Until this week when out of nowhere I NEEDED fried rice. (And olives, and cheese doodles.)
It was easy to not give it much thought -- or any of my other "symptoms." (Those of you who have been pregnant before know what I'm talking about.) But it's been a stressful few weeks. T. went back to work, C. started 3rd grade, A. started KINDERGARTEN and I had my own new job to worry about.
When I was at college and working on the student newspaper, our friend John used to say, "I'm a big picture person. I don't worry about these little details, that's why we have you." Well, for once, I missed the little details and now the big picture is a mural!
No comments:
Post a Comment