September 10, 2008
Week 5
Mom
Happy Birthday Baby! You are 5 weeks in my belly (although the way they do this due date figuring, it's actually only 3 weeks but it could be 4 weeks. I don't know, I was never good at math with my brain working at full capacity, asking me to do it now is searching for a miracle.) And I guess I have to come up with something better than birthday, because you haven't been born yet. Happy will have to do for now.
The books and the Interwebs say you are the size of an orange seed and look like a tadpole. You have 3/4 of a heart and it is beating, but in two separate tubes which will fuse eventually. The neural tube (eventually the brain and spinal cord) and some other organs are forming this week. Busy, busy.
Oh, and I almost forgot -- my due date is May 15. I'm pretty certain I won't go that long. Both C. and A. were early. For some reason I have April 30 in my head. And I think it's a boy although I was never this sick with C., just A.
Also, I remembered the first thing T. said to me when I told him I was pregnant -- "Are you going to marry the father?" Ha ha. Always a comedian, even when faced with life-altering news.
For prosperity's sake (and because I have no shame), I'm going to record my weight each week so I can keep track. At the doctor last week (9/4/08) I weighed 155 pounds (all my clothes on, no shoes). At home I weighed 152. Today I'm at 148. Hmm. Hope that is OK. I figured once I introduced carbs back into my diet I'd shoot back up but I guess between me being so sick and the baby getting what it needs, I'm losing instead. That's never happened before! With C. and A. I think I started gaining right away!
No grilled cheese for breakfast today -- my favorite home fries instead.
By the way, yesterday's top post was the first with the "right" date although I have been writing since day 1. I only got around to signing up for the blog last night. I kept forgetting.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Welcome to Week 5!
Labels:
cravings,
finding out,
interesting baby facts,
sick,
too much info,
week 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just to clear things up, my "marry the father" comment was more political than anything! I was thinking more of Sarah Palin's daughter. Although, come to think of it, it is a bit strange that I go to Albany for a month and come home to find my wife pregnant. Hmmm.
Post a Comment