Monday, September 22, 2008

A Peek Inside

Week 6
September 22, 2008
Mom

Just got back from the sonogram. I forgot how uncomfortable they can be! There wasn't too much to see -- for me anyway, the technician and her assistant seemed pretty busy.

I remember the first time I ever went for a sonogram when I was pregnant with C. They made T. wait outside at first. The technician was very quiet as she worked. Me, being the paranoid mom-to-be that I was, was so worried that something was wrong and she wasn't telling me! I was expecting a frame-by-frame commentary, which we got eventually.

This time I basically saw a blob. I wasn't expecting much else. She did say the measurements put me at about 7 weeks, 1 day. According to my doctor and the Interwebs I'm 6 weeks, 5 days. It's only two days difference so I can't imagine the due date will really change. I go back to the doctor the first week in October for a more thorough exam, so we'll see.

The highlight though, by far was the baby's heart. I couldn't hear it but I could see it, a pulsing mass in the middle of everything. I welled up (as I always do the first time I see or hear the heart). It just made everything so real.

No photos unfortunately. Due to some insurance issues, I don't go to the doctor for the sonogram but the hospital instead (that's where I'll give birth too). I hope I'll be able to get them eventually for later sonograms -- I need something for the baby book and to hang on the refrigerator!

No comments: