Saturday, September 27, 2008

Letting the Cat Out of the Bag (the Baby Out of the Belly? Maybe not.)

Week 7
September 27, 2008
Mom

So. Anybody got any news they want to share?

Ahem.

It went well, really well. We've told a bunch of people now and everyone is happy. Most importantly C. and A. are thrilled. C.'s first reaction was "Finally! I've been waiting for this day to come!" A. was a little confused at first, she said "Why?" a couple of times, but she caught on fast. They are divided on the gender issue as to be expected. They already have names picked out. C. likes Max, where A. favors Marissa and Gianna. They are endlessly fascinated with the fact that the baby is the size of a blueberry. C. has already told T. that he needs to add to his bunk beds so the baby has a place to sleep!

They had fun telling people too. Their favorite way takes the form of a guessing game form and varies from "Guess what happened to Mommy?" to "Guess what's in Mommy's belly?" Obviously the level of difficulty is low. They've been pretty good about sharing the punchline although we've had a couple of mishaps.

Today is nice. We are having a lazy day -- it's rainy here and we are all just lounging around watching C. play his new Wii games. More adventures to come!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how nobody says "Guess what happened to Daddy?" Sigh. I'll see you in seven and a half months, I guess, when you need a ride to the hospital.

Anonymous said...

A. made me the happiest aunt ever this morning! I love you little baby in the belly! You have the greatest mommy and daddy in the world!!! Can't wait to meet you! And, once again, I'll buy mommy whatever she asks for the day you come into the world!!!

Anonymous said...

Uncle Joe and I are so very excited!! We can't wait to meet you! We know if you're anything like your brother and sister you'll be truly amazing and a wonderful gift =o) Be nice to Mommy!!