Week 9
October 7, 2008
Mom
They get old so fast! I can't believe I've known that I'm pregnant for over a month now.
This is a big week for the baby. No more embryo, we now have a fetus! About one inch long, What to Expect puts it at the size of an olive. Although I won't be able to feel it for a few more weeks (probably around week 16 or so), the baby is starting to move its arms and legs. New organs are forming -- liver, spleen and gallbladder and its ears are just about formed.
I go to the doctor in a few weeks and by then I should be able to hear the heartbeat, one of my favorite parts of being pregnant. I'm so excited for C. and A. to hear it too.
I'm hoping to bring A. with me to the next sonogram. She's been so affectionate with me and the baby and she's been so good about helping. This morning she packed her own snack and and backpack. She also recognizes when I need help. I got sick again this morning, right before it was time to walk to her bus stop. She was so funny. She came into the bathroom and said, "Mom, are you OK?" When I groaned in response, she ran upstairs to T. and yelled, "Uh, Dad, Mommy's throwing up so you have to take me to the bus."
I hate being sick by the way. I was mad this morning too because I was feeling really good. Yesterday was a bad day but this morning I jumped out of bed, had two loads of laundry in, ate breakfast, got the kids ready and was feeling like I could conquer the world. Then I stopped and sat down and the world caved in.
I've been so looking forward to the second trimester starting, I hope it's all I remember. I hope I'm not the one who is sick all pregnancy long! I do see the light though. I'm having more and more moments where I'm feeling not only better but good. Let's hope they continue!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's definitely a girl...she's making you miserable already. Hang in there, the second trimester is quickly approaching!!!
More updates please!
Post a Comment