Monday, October 6, 2008

Midnight Madness

Week 8
October 6, 2008
Mom

WARNING: THIS IS A TOO MUCH INFORMATION POST. I MIGHT HAVE TO LIVE IT BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT!! : )

I've found something I dislike more than morning sickness -- midnight sickness. This has happened to me two or three times now. I'll be lying in bed, either trying to fall asleep or be fast asleep and something will cause me to wake up -- a cough or I'll have to go to the bathroom. I'll sit up in bed and the next thing I know waves of nausea are washing over me. Throwing up is bad enough, trust me when I tell you it's worse at midnight when all I want to do is go to sleep. I keep crackers and water on my nightstand, but it comes on so quickly and unexpectedly that I don't have much time to react except to bolt for the bathroom. Yuck.

I thought I was doing better with the "morning" sickness but these past couple of days it's been back with a vengeance. I've been more tired too. I have a love/hate relationship with nighttime. I love when it is time to go to bed. I'm a notorious night owl and before I was pregnant it wasn't unusual for me to go to sleep at 12:30 and wake up at 6:30 or 7 a.m. These days I'm in bed by 10 p.m. at the latest. The problem comes in when I wake up. At some point in the middle of the night I'll have to go to the bathroom. Some nights I can go right back to sleep. Other nights, not so much. I'll lie there so frustrated because I know I'm tired, I just can't sleep. I guess my body is getting me ready for those nighttime feedings, but I'd much rather sleep now and deal with the wakeups later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just try not to wake me up.