Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mommy and Daddy Could Be in Big Trouble

Week 12 (or maybe 13)
October 28
Mom

A. and I went for my first of two doctor appointments this afternoon. This first one was a sonogram to test for Down syndrome. Everything is OK so far -- I'm just waiting on the results of a blood test.

This child that lives in my baby appears to be entertaining itself quite nicely, or is an incredible show-off. From the second the technician applied the (warm hurrah!) gel on my abdomen, it wouldn't stop moving. Flips, turns, sommersaults, cartwheels -- you name it. If it was an activity, Boris was doing it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a trampoline in there. The tech kept laughing -- "I have never seen a baby this busy!" she exclaimed. Heartbeat is nice and strong -- 152 beats per minute and we even got to hear it!

Eventually after much moving from side to side on my part (about 20 minutes worth) the tech was able to get the reading she needed. I almost had to come back!

The other big news is that the due date may be changed. The reading today put me at 13 weeks, 0 days. Right now I'm about 12 weeks along so it will be up to my OB to decide. We see him this afternoon.

Once T. scans in the photos I'll post them.

A. by the way had fun. She was quiet and shy and didn't talk much but when we got home she gave T. a full report.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a girl! :)