Week 9
October 12, 2008
Mom
I know it's been a few days and I apologize for the lack of updates. For a while there I had been so sick and tired I didn't have energy for anything. I threw up four days in a row and at night I couldn't sleep at all. (I have to tell you that I feel weird posting all my troubles, especially now that this blog is public. I swear I'm not whining or looking for sympathy!)
In any case, I feel like I may have turned a corner (fingers crossed). For the second day in a row, I've been feeling great. I have a ton of energy and haven't felt sick once (except for when I smelled the eggs I cooked this morning for breakfast, but I'm not going to count that incident). In fact yesterday I went on a tear, tackling all the beds, the refrigerator and the kitchen cabinets. As my dad predicted, I did crash around 7 p.m. last night, but I would have done so anyway, so it was nice to have some energy for a while. Today I feel really good too. Let's hope it keeps up!
On Friday we went pumpkin picking at a place by us that we frequent every year. It's a local farmstand but a big part of the "agri-tainment" economy out here on the East End -- not only can you pick pumpkins, but there are hayrides and pony rides and a corn stalk maze and a huge playground. Not to mention all the food you can buy and photo opportunities you can take advantage of. It was a beautiful late afternoon -- like most who live around here we don't dare attempt to go out to the farmstands on the weekends lest we get stuck in "pumpkin traffic" -- and the kids had a blast.
I found my thoughts wandering though, as I watched C. and A. look for the perfect orange gourds, I kept thinking about how next year we'll have our own little pumpkin to pose for pictures amongst the vines and not just a shot of my growing belly. I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy what we were doing, but next year and this new baby was all I could think about. Would we have a boy or a girl? Would s/he be sitting up by then? Would I have a cute Halloween-outfit for him/her to wear (undoubtedly so).
In fact, I find my thoughts going down that track no matter what it is we are doing. Some are move obvious -- how long will the baby be in our room? How will we arrange the bedrooms? Where are we going to put all the baby stuff?
Others are a little more specific -- Can I handle three kids at the supermarket? Will I lose my sanity driving three children in my not-SUV? When I walk A. to the bus stop will I carry the baby or use the stroller? What will Christmas be like next year?
Hmmm. Better hurry up and get here little one. Inquiring minds want to know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment